What are Monthly Email Opens?
Monthly Email Opens are the number of times an email sent by a business is opened by the recipient within a given month.
Why are Monthly Email Opens Important?
Monthly Email Opens are important because they indicate the level of engagement and interest in the emails sent by a business. A high number of Monthly Email Opens means that the business's emails are being widely read by the intended audience, which can lead to increased engagement and conversions. On the other hand, a low number of Monthly Email Opens may indicate that the business's emails are not effectively reaching their intended audience, which could lead to lower engagement and conversion rates.
How to Increase Monthly Email Opens
There are several ways to increase the number of Monthly Email Opens, including:
• Segmenting your email list to target specific groups of individuals who are more likely to be interested in the content of your emails
• Providing valuable, relevant content in your emails that is of interest to your target audience
• Using effective subject lines and preheader text to grab the reader's attention and encourage them to open the email
• Testing and optimizing your emails to identify the elements that are most effective in driving opens
• Leveraging the power of social media and other online platforms to promote your email campaigns and increase their reach
Industry Benchmarks for Monthly Email Opens
The average number of Monthly Email Opens for a business can vary widely depending on the industry and other factors, such as the quality of the email content and the relevance of the offer to the target audience. As a general benchmark, the average open rate for business-to-consumer (B2C) emails is approximately 20%, while the average open rate for business-to-business (B2B) emails is around 10%. For example, if a business sends 100 emails to its B2C audience in a month and 20 of those emails are opened, its Monthly Email Opens would be 20.