Notion is an all-in-one workspace where you can write, plan, collaborate, and get organized. It's been heralded as a productivity powerhouse, capable of managing tasks, storing knowledge, and facilitating collaboration. But did you know that Notion can also be used as a website builder? Yes, you read that right. You can use Notion to create company websites, team blogs, personal resumes, portfolios, and so much more — and all with no coding required!
If you're a small business, a solo entrepreneur, or a digital creative, this guide will help you leverage Notion to quickly set up your online presence. We'll also introduce you to Super.so, a service that can help transform your Notion pages into stunning websites with a cleaner look and more design freedom.
How to Publish Notion Pages as a Website
Building a website with Notion is as easy as a few clicks. Here's how to do it:
- Open your Notion workspace and create or select the page you want to publish as a website.
- Click on the "Share" button located on the top right corner of the page.
- In the tab menu, select 'Publish' then click 'Publish to web';
- Toggle on or off your desired sharing preferences, like allowing editing, comments, duplication and search indexing;
- Copy your web link, then share it far and wide for others to view :)
That's it! Your Notion page is now accessible to anyone with the link, and when you make edits, your page will update for visitors in real time.
Types of Websites You Can Create with Notion
- Job Boards: With the dynamic nature of the job market, a digital space where open opportunities can be swiftly updated is a necessity. Using Notion, you can design an interactive job board that communicates open roles, company culture, and the uniqueness of working with your organization.
- Help Centers: Streamline customer support by using Notion to establish a comprehensive help center. It can house answers to frequently asked questions, provide useful tips, and even host tutorial content. The ease of updating content ensures your help center stays current, and your customers can find the solutions they need efficiently.
- Blogs: In the digital age, maintaining an active blog is a fantastic way to engage with your audience. With Notion, you can craft and publish dynamic blog posts without the constraints of traditional content management systems. Furthermore, the ability to embed a range of media, from images to videos, audio files, and external links, ensures your posts are as engaging as they are informative.
- Product Roadmaps: Want to keep your customers informed about upcoming features or updates? A public product roadmap created in Notion can be a great way to achieve this. It can provide transparency about your development process and create a space for customer feedback. You can even enable public editing to allow customers to submit feature requests directly.
- Company Wikis and Employee Handbooks: Notion is an excellent tool for creating internal resources like company wikis or employee handbooks. These can host essential company information, policies, guidelines, and more. Plus, they can be updated easily and accessed by everyone in your organization, ensuring everyone stays on the same page.
- Personal Resumes and Portfolios: Showcasing your work or skills online has never been easier with Notion. Whether you're a writer, designer, photographer, or any professional wanting to display your work, Notion allows you to create visually appealing portfolios or detailed resumes that you can easily share with prospective employers or clients.
Making Your Notion Pages Visually Engaging
A visually appealing page can make a huge difference in attracting and retaining your website visitors. Notion offers a suite of visual elements that can bring your pages to life, including:
- Headers & line breaks
- Columns for a clean layout
- Table of contents for easy navigation
- Multimedia embeds such as images, videos, and audio
- Typeform for feedback and contact forms
- Callouts & quotes to highlight key information
- Toggle lists for nested information
- Customizable colors for text and background
More Public Page Options
Beyond making your page public, Notion provides several other options to extend the functionality and usability of your public pages:
- Allow Editing: You can permit other logged-in Notion users to edit your pages, fostering real-time collaboration.
- Allow Duplicate as Template: If you've created a unique page layout, you can allow others to duplicate it as a template in their own workspace.
- Search Engine Indexing: Make your Notion pages visible on Google and other search engines to drive organic traffic.
Supercharging Your Notion Website with Super.so
While Notion is a powerful tool for creating websites, Super.so can take your Notion website to the next level. This service enhances the design and performance of your Notion pages, offering a more professional look and feel, faster loading times, and even better SEO. With Super.so, you can truly unlock the full potential of Notion as a website builder.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I create a website using Notion?
Absolutely! Notion is a versatile tool that extends beyond task management and collaboration. You can indeed create a fully functional website using Notion. It's an ideal solution for building company websites, team blogs, personal resumes, portfolios, and more.
How do I use Notion as a public website?
To use Notion as a public website, you first need to create your pages in Notion. Once you're ready to publish, simply go to the "Share" settings of your page and toggle on the "Share to the Web" option. Your Notion page is now a public webpage! If you'd like to further enhance the look and feel of your Notion pages, services like Super.so can transform your pages into professional-looking websites.
Is creating a website with Notion free?
Creating a basic website with Notion can indeed be free, as Notion's free plan allows users to create and share pages on the web. However, certain advanced features like version history, unlimited file uploads, and priority support require a paid Notion plan. Additionally, external services like Super.so, which can enhance your Notion website's appearance and functionality, may have their own associated costs.
Try Our Notion Website Planner Template
To get started planning your Notion website, why not save yourself some hassle with our Website Planner Template?